For those of you who own restaurants in Montgomery County, Maryland, the County Council has approved an $8-million state-funded Restaurant Relief Grant Program. Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded to eligible restaurants, food trucks, caterers, wineries and breweries and similar entities that directly provide food service.
Applications open Friday, November 20, 2020, and will be accepted through December 4, 2020.
Requirements for the grant are as follows:
An entity will be eligible to receive assistance from the Restaurant Relief Grant Program if it:
1) Has its principal place of business in Montgomery County;
- Its only location is in the County or its County-based locations account for more than 50 percent of its total number of employees or more than 50 percent of its gross sales.
- Employs 100 or fewer full-time-equivalent employees in total as of September 1, 2020.
2) Is in good standing with the State of Maryland;
3) Requires financial assistance to pay for the expenditures permitted by the State through its appropriation to Montgomery County; and
4) Has not used, and will not use, funds received from this grant program for the same purpose as funds received through other Montgomery County grant programs.
Eligible entities can apply through the County program site: https://thinkmoco.com/covid-19-resources/restaurant-relief-grant within which there are links to the Restaurant Relief Grant Application.
If you have any questions, you can contact the program by sending questions to firstname.lastname@example.org