From day to day, hour to hour, as our government responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, our laws change. Some are relaxed, others are altered, and new ones are added.
In the last week alone, we have seen the following:
- The federal government is requiring paid sick leave and family leave to some employees.
- The EEOC has changed its guidance on taking an employee’s temperature.
- Travel to/from certain areas has been prohibited.
- Some businesses (i.e. restaurants, gyms, bars, schools) have been shut down or limited for an indefinite amount of time.
- Social, community, spiritual, religious, recreational, leisure, and sporting gatherings have been limited to 250 people, then to 50 people, and now to 10 people.
We are monitoring these changes as they occur. Please feel free to contact Ginny Cascio Bonifacino at email@example.com or Natasha M. Nazareth at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.